German industry is aiming to become greenhouse gas neutral by 2045. Based in Lusatia, a region in eastern Germany undergoing major structural change, the Cluster Decarbonisation in Industries (CDI) supports the transition process of industry towards climate neutrality as an ideas generator and incubator. To this end, we mobilise expertise and synergy effects as an interdisciplinary network with the goal of driving solutions and innovations at the interface of science, business, politics and administration.
Working together for a climate-friendly industry
The Cluster Decarbonisation in Industries was founded in November 2021 on the initiative of institutions based in Cottbus (around 100 km south of Berlin). These initiators are the Brandenburg University of Technology Cottbus-Senftenberg (BTU), the Fraunhofer Research Institution for Energy Infrastructures and Geothermal Systems IEG, the Institute of Low-Carbon Industrial Processes at the German Aerospace Center (DLR) and the Competence Centre on Climate Change Mitigation in Energy-Intensive Industries (KEI).
Technology and knowledge transfer: CDI Services
The clusters activities focus on:
- Establishment of an extensive network of experts
- Organisation and implementation of public conferences, industry events and congresses to facilitate sector-wide technology and knowledge transfer targeting the industrial decarbonisation
- Identification of innovation topics including initiation, implementation and preparation of research projects
- Strengthening the visibility of the complementary cluster competences through active public relations work
- Initiation of qualification programmes to create a long-term, sustainable pool of skilled professionals to support the decarbonisation transformation process
The CDI at a glance
How to find us: The CDI Coordination Office
The CDI Coordination Office is the first point of contact for all cluster partners and interested parties. It is operated by KEI and its task is to develop and organise the various cluster activities and to secure their results.